This policy sets out the approach Babinda District Community Association Inc has adopted in its collection and management of personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles (“NPPs”) under the Privacy Act 1988.
To ensure that Babinda District Community Association Inc protects its customers’ privacy in accordance with the NPPs, Babinda District Community Association Inc is committed to ensuring the collection, accuracy, storage, security, use, disclosure and destruction of personal information is compliant with the NPPs.
Access to information held by us will be limited to authorised people on a strict need-to-know basis relevant to their roles and responsibilities.
- What is Personal Information
Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or by which your identity can be reasonably determined.
- What Personal Information do we collect
The personal information that Babinda District Community Association Inc collects about you may include your:
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- How and why Babinda District Community Association Inc collects Personal Information
Personal information is essentially collected through this website for the primary purpose of offering detailed information about our services.
Personal information is collected from you in the following ways:
- Through our website and communications between you and us by correspondence (such as email, fax, letter, phone);
- Personal Information Security
Babinda District Community Association Inc is committed to the protection of your personal information from unauthorised access. We use a range of security mechanisms and procedures to protect the personal information we hold about you.
Babinda District Community Association Inc makes all reasonable efforts to ensure your personal information is stored securely both electronically and physically , and complies with the NPPs. However, there may be risks associated when transferring your personal information to us from other internet facilities or by email.
Personal information that is no longer required will be destroyed in accordance with the legislation and NPPs.
- Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- Verify your name and identity;
- Inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- Research and develop our services;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- Communicate new products and services to you, by Babinda District Community Association Inc for marketing purposes, including and at times, the opportunity to take up special promotions and offers. You have an “opt-out” option to this communication by following the one-click unsubscribe link available at the bottom of every promotional message. We only send communications to individuals who have “opted in” to receive these. We do not “spam” our customers in any manner;
- Address any query, feedback or complaints you may have; and
- Contact you for any other reason.
Babinda District Community Association Inc may disclose your information to:
- Your authorised representative (e.g. legal advisers) but only upon receipt of your written authorisation;
- Professional advisers including but not limited to accountants, auditors and legal advisers; and
- Courts, Government and regulatory authorities as required or authorised by law.
- Access to Personal Information
You have the right under the Privacy Act 1988 to seek access to the personal information held by Babinda District Community Association Inc about you. If you wish to exercise this right, or if you believe that the information is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, you should either correct/update the information by contacting us by phone or via email.
All requests to access personal information must be made in writing or by email to the addresses listed at the end of this document. It is Babinda District Community Association Inc’s policy to respond to any such request within a reasonable timeframe. Babinda District Community Association Inc will generally not charge you for making requests to access any information held about you, however, we reserve the right to undertake cost recovery for the provision of such information where it is justified.
- Enquiries and Complaints
Information about the Privacy Act 1988 and the National Privacy Principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
If you have a complaint regarding Babinda District Community Association Inc’s management of your personal information or wish to correct information held by us or wish further information please contact us. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer your complaint to the Federal Privacy Commissioner by contacting 1300 363992 or by visiting the website www.privacy.gov.au.